Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Free Spirits to the Rescue??

Dear Free Spirits, oh loves of my life, 

Next Tuesday, I have an interview at the Rochester Post-Bulletin for an internship this summer. (ack!) I recently received an email warning me to prepare for a "short reporter's test". However--despite my best efforts on google--I have no idea what this is. So, if you have ANY idea, please, please, please give me a jingle/comment/email/text/WHATEVER!

I have, however, been heavily preparing for the normal interview part of the process. Not only do I know that the Rochester Post and the Rochester Bulletin combined to (cleverly) form the "Rochester Post Bulletin" in 1925, but I am practicing VERY hard to not call Adrianna Huffington the b-word at any time during the process. (No promises though. Seriously, who completely blows off an interview with a COLLEGE student?!)

<3 from the land of way too many freaking lakes,

ps

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Be sure you know your AP stuff. I'm sure you'll do fine. If you want, I can send you an Elements of Style guide I created last year.

Elaine Washam: said...

I would ask your journalism department head.

Laura J. Nelson said...

My guess is, you'll have to assemble some kind of story from quotes and information that they give you. Know your AP style, know your inverted pyramid ledes, know your nut grafs and brush up on your news judgment.

Good luck! :)

Caroline said...

You'll probably have to freestyle rap. I know you live in Minnesota but I think you can handle it. Probably just prep by listening to a lot of Jay-Z beforehand. Good luck!!!