Monday, February 2, 2009

Facebook, Pizza, and Cocaine

For some reason, on Facebook's addictive (and freakishly unaccurate) "Compare People" application, I have received a record 0 votes on the "Who Would Make a Better Mother" category. This shocked and appalled me. I mean, I work in a daycare (occasionally). I know I'm immature and forgetful sometimes (okay, a lot), but if BRITNEY SPEARS has 2 kids, there's no way in heck I deserved that title. 

But then I remembered my blog. My poor little neglected blog. And suddenly...I agreed with my ranking. So, to all of you out in blog-o-land, I sincerely apologize for my irresponsible and inattentive ways. I promise I'll do better next time. (Although, for the record, I'm also 148th in the "Who Smells Nicer" category sooo...)

In other news...I got in the most ridiculous political argument of my ENTIRE life the other day. And I've been in some ridiculous political arguments. (I'm a polysci major. It's part of the job description.) To really get the full craziness of the situation, close your eyes for a second, and imagine you're me. It's 2:30 the morning of the day before interim finals. You're so tired that you're borderline delirious, you're covered in lint from your Red Sox blanket and mango frutista spillage, and you can't shake the lingering scent of stale pizza and cheap alcohol that comes with living in Hoyme. As you shut down your shiny new MacBook Pro and prepare to finally stumble back from the dorm lounge to your room, the biggest ladies-man in the building/campus sidles up beside you and starts rambling on and on about his many drunken (and mostly illegal) antics. Just as you begin walking away from the guy, he spits out this doozy of a political theory: 

"I think the government should legalize cocaine"

And with that, he tottered away, off to share his bold (read: batcrap crazy) ideas for governmental policies with someone else--and left me, standing alone in the dorm lobby, puzzled, flabbergasted, shocked, and definitely no longer thinking of sleep.

2 comments:

katielann said...

i'm glad facebook shamed you into updating your blog, because that was rather entertaining.

in response to your comment, i have no idea. i do not understand html in any way, shape, or form, so my layout is just one of the pre-designed ones that Blogger offers. then i played around with the colors and made a banner in photoshop so it'd be more unique.

and also, the word verification thingy for me to leave this post is "katious," which could be the adjective version of my name.

Kelley said...

It's okay. My rankings are scary on facebook too. I try to ignore them.

I'm glad you've updated!